Government had mentioned the four-slabs (5, 12, 18 & 24) tax structure for GST, the GST rates might vary based on the type of businesses you run. It can be 5% if you sell products that comes under the lower tax category, or it can be 18% if you provide services.
To set up a GST, go to menu present on the top left corner and click on Settings then select Taxes tab.
- Select Tax - Select a GST from the drop-down menu.
- Unique No. - Update a unique no. of your tax.
- Name - Provide a Name of your tax such as GST @ 12
- Linked Account - Search and select to link an account directly to apply a tax.
- -100 to 100 - Enter a percentage of tax value. For GST enter only 5, 12, 18 & 28.
- Apply Tax From - Select an applicable date & month of your tax.
- Tax Duration - Select Monthly, Quarterly, Half-Yearly or Yearly from the drop down menu.
- Tax Filing Date - Pick a your tax filing date from the list.
Giddh calculate CGST, SGST, IGST and UTGST automatically it depends where your business is registered under GST and where your clients is located. So, you don’t need to define CGST, SGST and IGST percentage in Giddh.